To commercialize an FDA and EU approved CTC apheresis system
- For diagnostic and research applications: CTC collection in the common 10 mL format, concentrated from up to 250 mL of blood from patients with solid tumors. It would contain a far greater quantity of viable CTCs for downstream analysis by other CTC platforms (e.g., enumeration, culturing and DNA sequencing), thereby improving their sensitivity and confidence level.
- For therapeutic applications: CTC removal from a cancer patient’s entire blood volume (5 L), as a therapy to impede the progression of metastasis, either as a standalone or adjuvant therapy.
- CTC market is the next big diagnostic opportunity
- Viatar’s technology advantage: complements and improves the capabilities of all other diagnostic CTC platforms
- by collecting a far greater quantity of viable cells
- in the common 10 mL format used for processing and analysis by all diagnostic CTC platforms
- Established intellectual property estate